MS Clipper Tool Disapeared

Discussion in 'Software' started by DON GAYNOR, Jul 20, 2014.

1. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

Operating System: Win 7/64
    Computer: HP Elite i7

Problem: Somehow, the Clipper Tool (part of Windows 7) has disappeared. I did not receive the installation disks with my computer. What can I do to reinstall the app?

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I guess you mean the snipping tool. It has probably simply disappeared from the Start menu so type snip in the Start > Search box. Snipping tool should appear above.

3. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

If you want to create a shortcut to SnippingTool, do the following:

• Click the Start Button, then Search
    • Enter "SnippingTool.exe" in the search box and click the search icon. By default the file is in C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe.
    • Once the file shows up in the search results window just drag and drop it to the desktop or to whatever folder you want.
    • If you want to put it back in the Accessories folder where it started out, click Start Button >> Programs >> Accessories. Right click on the Accessories and choose "Open" (or "Open All Users" if you want it accessible to all users). An Explorer window will open the Accessories folder. Now drag and drop SnippingTool.exe from the Search window to the Accessories folder. SnippingTool should now be accessible from the Start Menu again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds