MS-DOS/Command Prompt Blinks and disappears...

Discussion in 'Software' started by ozone141090, Sep 11, 2010.

1. ozone141090

ozone141090 Private E-2

i am having exactly the same problem..dun kno whats wrong..but i dint get ur solution..can u please explain it..as in deleting the dos file?? it dint help.or am i doing something wrong..
    plz reply

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You did not say what version of windows you are running.
    Has it worked in the past?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I waited too long to be able to add this...does it work in safe mode?
    Have you tried typing this at the run box
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd

4. ozone141090

ozone141090 Private E-2

yes i did..it doesnt work either..

5. ozone141090

ozone141090 Private E-2

i have windows xp sp3..n yes it workd well b4..but yes i found some other problems on my system and googled it..n as far as i think its a virus..though my anti virus cant detect it..but i do not want to format right now..if u cud gimme any odr advice than formatting my windows ,,plz do...

6. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Go through the steps listed in the Malware Forum's Read & Run Me First, then start a thread in that forum, and attach the requested logs.

7. ozone141090

ozone141090 Private E-2

some of the problems include task manager has been disabled by the administrator..though m d admin n i cant do anything about it..
    most of the run options dont work..whatever I try..but yes commands like notepad or control do work well..

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Just in case you never noticed the post by Caliban as it was around the same time as you where posting please read and follow the instruction in post #6 HERE

Do remember to start a new thread in the malware forum area and attach the logs as requested and in your post give a link to this thread or some information about what issues you are having.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds