MS Front Page - Corrupt / unreadable folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by Franco50, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Franco50

Franco50 Private E-2

I use MS Front Page 2003 on my PC running Windows XP, but for some unknown reason it has begun causing the following problem. When I try to open it I am asked for the installation CD - when I insert this it tries to install FP but returns Error 2330 - Setup cannot get attributes for file C:/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/OFFICE11/SCHEMAS/HTML. Verify that the file exists in your system and that you have sufficient permissions to update it.
    I have checked that the folder is there using My Computer but when I click on it I get the error C:/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/OFFICE11/SCHEMAS/HTML is not accessible. File or directory is corrupt or unreadable. My next move was to completely uninstall FP 2003 and re-install it. When I try to remove it via Control Panel I get the same Error 2330 as mentioned previously.
    As I backup my PC every week using Acronis True Image I tried to restore the folder HTML from the backup but Acronis then fails with this error ....
    E004001A: Failed to restore folder HTML (0x4001A).
    function="CreateDirectoryW"
    Tag=0xA8A1022BD18AE270
    File or directory is corrupt and unreadable (0xFFF0)
    code-FFFFFFFF80070570
    Tag=0xBD28FDBD64EDB821

I presume there is a major corruption on my hard disk that will not allow the restore of the HTML folder nor the uninstallation of Front Page.

Is there anything I can do to retrieve the situation?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds