MS Office 2003 on the Vista Operating system

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rabit, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Rabit

Rabit Private E-2

Hello! [I thought] I new a lot about computers until I bought a computer with the Vista Operating system.....now I just feel "dumb".

I was trying to reinstall my MS Office 2003 and as I installed it, my computer is looking for files from the various disks, this was not asked of me during the original installation [using XP] - they were found on the disk and installed.
    I tried to find the files, but the program just sits there.... thinking.

So I bought MS Office 2007 Enterprise and during the installation, I keep getting messages the wwenterprise\msi or another [wwenterprise\cab]
    simliar file is missing.

I am so depressed, I do not know which way to turn. I do need to have MS Office, so I need to determine if it is better to re-install XP from my old Dell Computer, or find a way to get MS Office 2003 to be compatible with Vista.

You folks out here are the "smart" folks... Please advise me as to what I should do to remedy this situation. Thanks.....

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Office 2003 and more so 2007 are Vista compatible as I have had both running ok in Vista, use 2007 Enterprise as worksupplies me with this.

Are you logged on as Admin on the PC? if not do so to install the Office application, once installed its available for all users on PC.

What are exact messages you are getting on install? these will help trace issue and fix

3. Rabit

Rabit Private E-2

Thanks! Vista is all new to me.... How do I know or where can I found out, if I am logged on as the Admin? Is there a specific place where I need to look to determine that?:confused Thanks!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Does your PC boot direct to windows or do you have to click a user name box? if direct to Windows you are already logged in as limited admin and Office should install ok from their, but do also turn off your Antivirus application as sometimes those block installs.

Some folk have had a resolution to this by copying the whole of the Office 207 DVD to a temp opened folder on their hard drive and installing office from there.

5. Rabit

Rabit Private E-2

My PC does not directly boot into windows... I need to click on a user name to access it.

How can I determine if I have absolute admin priviledges? This is my home computer, and I am the only one who uses it. Thanks for your quidance!

:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds