MS Office 2003 Uninstallation

Discussion in 'Software' started by nomorebigideas, Oct 6, 2005.

1. nomorebigideas

nomorebigideas Private E-2

Hey,

Just installed MS Office 2003 Pro, seemed to be ok, but then it started asking for a new product key. As it wasn't accepting my key, I decided to uninstall/reinstall.

However, for some reason it wouldn't uninstall, so I (don't know why) installed it again.

Now neither of them work and I can't uninstall either of them!

Is there anyway to forceably (spelling!) remove it from my PC? I don't really want two broken versions of it on there!

I've included a .jpeg of the message it gives me (if that's any help)

Thanks,

Joss

nomorebigideas@msn.com

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      95.3 KB
      Views:
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

One option that affected me one with Office 2003 did include a similar message referering to the PRO11.MSI, was that i needed to unhide a hidden folder that the PRO11.MSI file was hiding in.

Goto Tools > Folder Options > View and check Show hidden files and folders > Apply and try again.

also have the Office CD in the drive as another possiblility.

Other than those, I've not come across Office installing twice on the same PC, OH a third option and depends on if you have saved data you could loose so backup, is to use System Restore to restore back to a point before you installed Office the second time.

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I've posted the following incase Halo's suggestion fails.

THIS microsoft solution almost seems silly, but it won't hurt to post it.

I think it's doing it because it can't locate the Windows Installer, or it is corrupt.

Try the WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds