MS Office 2007 and 25 character product key

Discussion in 'Software' started by Doc13%, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

New Vista machine....came pre-installed with MS Office 07 and it's prompting me to enter in that product key each time I open the application up..I CAN cancel out from the screen asking for the code and continue to compose and save a document with no problems... but I do want rid of the annoyance ASAP.

Like a fool I have been entering in my product key for it from off the bottom of my laptop LOL I obviously don't have a disk that came with it, so where do I find this product key, program files for instance doesn't seem to be harbouring it anywhere....a kick in the right direction would be beautiful ;)

Thanks
    Emms

2. librarytech

librarytech Private E-2

Even with pre-installed office it should have come with an installation disk and product key. If not you should contact the place you purchased it from.

3. Doc13%

I will contact the place it came from for sure..but before I did that I wanted to know if anyone knew if the product key would be somewhere inside the program files directory or some place else.... guess I will have a hunt for it and if no joy will contact the store i bought the machine from. But it certainly did not come with a disk for MS Office 2007 so I shall see what I can do about obtaining one from them

Thanks
    Emms

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Emms

How long have you had this PC for as Pre-Installed Office versions are normally always trail versions that only last for between 60-180days, so contact your PC supplier to check on version they installed and if a Full version then ask why they never supplied you with the media and key.

If trial then routes are to get a full version of the Home and Student version or go with Suns Open Office.

5. Doc13%

HI Halo I have had this PC for a couple of weeks now. I will definately add contacting the store to my ever increasing "to do" list

Thanks for the info..I didn't even consider that the whole lot could be a trial only.....I would then turn to open office as you say :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds