MS Office EULA question, related to Win 7 RC

Discussion in 'Software' started by usafveteran, Oct 31, 2009.

1. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I have Windows 7 RC installed on a desktop system. I have Office 2007 installed on a laptop. Per the software license agreement for Office 2007, I can also install Office on one desktop system.

I presume I would need to go through the Office 2007 registration procedure again if install it on a desktop system. If I install Office 2007 on the Windows 7 RC computer, I'm wondering what will happen regarding registration of Office when Windows 7 RC expires and I either buy Windows 7 and then again install Office 2007, or install Office 2007 on my Win XP desktop.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I'm wondering that too, and so far have not installed Office 2007 on the RC, as my gut feeling is 'it counts'.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I've done some searching on key phrases, transferring office from one computer to another, and transferring office 2007 to another computer, and many of the references talk about activation by telephone as a option where activation via Internet can not be used for some reason, as might be the case where the product has previously be activated. Here are some references I found:

Transfer Office 2007 to Another Computer

Frequently asked questions about the Office Activation Wizard and about reduced-functionality mode in 2007 Office programs, and:

Microsoft Product Activation

I think I'll go ahead and install it. I'd really like to have Office 2007 installed as part of my experimentation with Window 7 RC. And, my searches seem to have provided substantial evidence that activation by telephone will be an option to overcome any issues with activation in this scenario.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds