MS Office Powerpoint - How to change spell check language for all slides at once?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tilman, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tilman

tilman Private E-2

Hi all.

I have a MS Powerpoint slideshow with many slides. Unfortunately, the language of the spell checking is wrong. I can change the language from the tools menu BUT ONLY for one slide at a time! I have tried to select all slides in the left column but it doesn't work :(

So my question: How can I change the spell check language of a powerpoint file for all slides at the same time? I would like to get rid of the red underlining of correctly spelled words.

Thanks for your help!

Greetings from Finland,

Tilman

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

From tools >>language..select language and then hit Default...Cheers..

3. tilman

tilman Private E-2

I have tried this but it doesn't work!! It just sets the default language for all future files but not for the currently existing slides!

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Then this prob won't work as well.

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling and Style tab.
    Select or clear the Hide all spelling errors check box to hide or show spelling errors.

Have a feeling previously saved file will have to be fixed one at a time as you are doing...

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Try Outline view instead of Slides view, in the left panel of your PowerPoint window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds