MS Ofice 2003 on Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by Daniela, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Daniela

Daniela Private First Class

I tried to install Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 but my
    laptop says that I need Windows 2000 or XP to use the version that I have.
    The laptop came with Microsoft Vista. How do I get Word, Excel, Outlook,
    etc?

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I tried to install Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 but my laptop says that I need Windows 2000 or XP to use the version that I have. The laptop came with Microsoft Vista. How do I get Word, Excel, Outlook, etc? <<

Actually, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003, and the 2007 Microsoft Office suites are all supported on Windows Vista.

Therefore I'm not exactly sure why you cannot install the Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 on your Vista laptop or why it is reporting that you "need Windows 2000 or XP to use the version"

Since both "full version" and version "upgrade licenses" are available for this product; the only thing I can think of is perhaps the version that you are trying to install is an "upgrade" version of Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 and not the full version of the program.

That could (possibly) be why you are being prompted to install either Office 2000 or Office XP first.

Important Note: Since both Office 2000 and Office XP are in Extended Support, there have been no fixes for issues that occur with these products (and there will no more service packs for them) when they are run on Windows Vista. In other words having either of these two Office products installed and running on a Vista PC will most definitely make you vulnerable to unforeseen errors as well as security issues while using them.

Good Luck!

3. Daniela

Daniela Private First Class

You was write. The disc that I was using was upgrate, not full version

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds