MS Word 2010 Custom Template Trouble

Discussion in 'Software' started by MBG, Mar 5, 2015.

1. MBG

MBG Private E-2

I created a custom template in MS Word 2010 to facilitate report creation. The template includes custom building blocks/quick parts as well as drop down lists, date fields, etc.

Two people can create a report and pass it around for others to edit/comment on and all functionality remains intact in the file. All others users are having problems with the file. Someone creates a report and when he or she sends it to the next person, the custom building blocks/quick parts are unavailable, but all other drop-down lists, date fields, etc. function correctly. I've verbally confirmed that everyone copied the template to his or her Word templates folder and everyone is using MS Word 2010.

I cannot re-create the problem. I've tested by sending samples to multiple people and no one has problems with my documents (or another person's documents). Someone sent me an affected document and I was able to reassociate the template with the document to restore functionality, but the person could not change the building blocks/quick parts in the file I sent back. I talked the person through the process and he was able to do the same thing I did (Developer tab -> Document template -> attach template) and then the file was fully functional for him. I'm at a loss as to what is causing this problem. Has anyone else encountered this or anything similar?

2. MBG

MBG Private E-2

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. None of the pre-prepared templates were adequate for the type of report template I created (it was very specific and necessitated customization). I've still not resolved the problem, which is frustrating, but I did identify a work-around for the team to utilize. Thanks again for your post.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds