MS works file extentions

Discussion in 'Software' started by thomas_nuffan, Feb 15, 2011.

1. thomas_nuffan

thomas_nuffan Private First Class

I have a computer with a bunch files of the old MS file extentions; both .WPS and .XLR; The computer was recently reformatted so obviously all programs were lost and the customer does not have any of the installation media for MS works.

I installed OpenOffice but noticed that they still can't be read or opened.

I stumbled on the website Zamzar, which would work fine I'm sure but you can only do them one at a time and I have close to 200 files.

I also downloaded some MS Office Converter pack but after installation, I didn't see any program I could run and am unsure how to use the tool.

any help is greatly appriciated, thanks.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

I did some searching and there a two possible solutions for the XLR file. You can try to change the extension to XLS and see if it opens. If not, change the extension to CSV and try to open. You will lose all formatting though. You then may be able to import the csv file into a spreadsheet program.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds