"MSASCui.exe Unable to locate Component - MSVCP80.dll not found (can someone help plz

Discussion in 'Software' started by harvey_mayway, Mar 16, 2008.

1. harvey_mayway

harvey_mayway Private E-2

I have "MSASCui.exe Unable to locate Component - MSVCP80.dll not found"

pop up when i log into windows

- can anyone help me? Running XP home edition...

Can someone help me out.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Re: "MSASCui.exe Unable to locate Component - MSVCP80.dll not found (can someone help

Welcome to Major Geeks! :major MSASCui.exe is the main .exe file for Microsoft's Defender (MSASCui = MicroSoft AntiSpyware Client User Interface) and the .dll file is a Visual C+ (MSVCP = MicroSoft Visual C Plus) file. Yeah, I know, you're thinking "so what! Thanks for the trivia lesson now how do I solve the problem!". ;) Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Defender and look for MSASCui.exe.manifest and delete it. If you're a bit leary about deleting it, rename it to MSASCui.exe.manifest-old or something similar, or move it out of the Defender folder. You can always move it back or change the name back if needed. After making the appropriate changes, reboot and see if that helps.
    Good luck! and please post your results.

3. harvey_mayway

harvey_mayway Private E-2

Re: "MSASCui.exe Unable to locate Component - MSVCP80.dll not found (can someone help

Ive got no idea what wrong with windows....

I unstalled Windows Defender and now reinstalled it, = its working again...

But when i logged into this time....

MSN messager failed to work. missing = MSVCR80.DLL

Are all my windows promgrams messed up now?..

Plus i dumped all my System Restore Points because i had a virus...

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Try this: open My Computer, click Tools at the top, click Folder Options, click the View tab. Scroll down a little bit and enable viewing of hidden files/folders, and disable the hiding of system files/folders. Be sure to save the changes and agree to the warning that comes up. Then browse to C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT%bunch of numbers and letters%.... you'll know it is the correct folder because it will only have 3 files in it: msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, and msvcr80.dll Using copy-n-paste, copy them to C:\Windows\System32 and agree to over-write the existing files. If you want, rename the original files in the System32 folder (if they are even there) just in case; add a -old to the end of 'em. Anyway, copy the 3 dlls to the System32 folder, reboot, and all should be well. If not, you may need to re-install the Visual C++ Redistributable. Here's the link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
    Good luck!
    :major [dlb]

(What happened is something went haywire with Visual C++; many programs use it at least partially, and if it gets hosed, problems will abound.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds