MSCONFIG error - access denied

Discussion in 'Software' started by kojack22, Apr 11, 2008.

1. kojack22

kojack22 Private E-2

"An Access Denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes."

Why?

I am the only user.

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

First you should check and make sure that you are indeed logged on as the administrator.
    start>control panel>user accounts

What service are you trying to change?

3. kojack22

kojack22 Private E-2

Yeah, I am the only user and it does indicate I am on as the Admin. The Guest option is even off.

I was changing some start-up services, disabling some that I could not do in Services (they are not there).

4. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

Try adding a new administrative user account and log into it.
    See if this allows you to make your changes

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You will get that message if you attempt to change a service from certain locations.
    I believe if you go in through Control panel/ Administrative Tools then Services, you will be able to make the changes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds