Msie 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Sep 30, 2013.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

How do you change the single delete back to a one with a conformation like before

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I think a clear description of what you mean by "single delete back" would be helpful.

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

You used to be able to delete something with 2 clicks, the second to verify that you wanted to.
    Now when you delete, it goes away with just the one click.
    I apologize for the lack of detail and I hope this suffices.
    I am trying to restore the two click feature.
    Peter

4. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Do you mean Internet Explorer 10 or Explorer?
    If it's explorer, then just right click on the Desktop Recycle Bin > properties, select the partition under 'Recycle Bin Location', then ensure that there's a checkmark in 'Display delete confirmation dialog', press Apply > OK.

If you mean Internet Explorer 10, what is it that you are deleting and expecting a confirmation dialog?

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Yes, he surely is referring to Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

6. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey peterr, nullptr, just gave you your solution.

7. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Hello
    Been ill + just back.
    I really appreciate the solution to MSIE 10's conformation delete- I made note again.
    Peter

8. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

peterr, you seem to still be misunderstanding a basic point. MSIE 10 is a web browser. It is a program you use to view websites; it is not a program used to view files and folders on your computer. As stated in posts in this discussion, you must be talking about Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer (IE) since your comments pertain to managing files and folders.

9. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Per your instructions I have the deletion as I want it and thank you for that. Yes, my nomenclature was off -thanks for that too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds