MSN Messenger problem with latest update

Discussion in 'Software' started by kingsclear, Sep 29, 2005.

1. kingsclear

kingsclear Private E-2

I have installed the latest update to MSN Messenger (7.5.0306). As soon as I rebooted as requested by the install program I immediately started getting an error message from Norton Anti-Virus stating that it could no longer protect Messenger file transfers. I went through the process that Norton had on their website but neither fix actually fixed the problem so I have had to uncheck the protection inside Norton AV for Messenger.

I have also reported the problem to Microsoft as it is obviously a problem with this update.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If you replace it with 7.0, does it work ok?

I've had MANY issues with 7.5, namely hangs, and severe memory leaks, in the upwards of 500mb with no IM windows open. I'll never use it, until they fix it. 7.0 seems fine.

Of course, I use Adium X now anyway, and its light years ahead of Messenger, with multiple protocol support, and built in encryption.

Bad thing is, its OS X only.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds