MSN Messenger to Hotmail direct error.

Discussion in 'Software' started by rodell, May 21, 2006.

1. rodell

rodell Private First Class

Urgent need of help from any of you XP experts. At StartUp, SignIn MSN Messenger box appears normally; when try to access HOTMAIL directly (not via IE, etc.) which has been routine here and on W98SE for a very long time, box appears: "ID doesn't exist and/or PW incorrect. EACH IS MOST ASSUREDLY CORRECT".

Strangely, after accessing via SEARCH, each time go to Hotmail the screen with ID already on but requiring PW, the PW IS ALREADY THERE and clicking brings up Hotmail. MSN seems to have it both ways: in one instance info acceptable, in the other, rejected!

Of course there's a second problem in that the screen for PW should not be appearing each time I subsequently go to Hotmail from the desktop.

I have gone through the usual references to TOOLS/OPTIONS/CONNECTIONS as well as COOKIES/as well as LAN CONNECTION. Only remarkable item is at HELP, one of the needed references comes up PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.
    Have not installed new programs; have changed PW -- which is when all these difficulties ensued.

Will appreciate help. HOW exactly do I "recover"?

Cordially, RO

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds