MSOffice Reinstall fail: error message

Discussion in 'Software' started by hankroberts, Aug 19, 2006.

1. hankroberts

hankroberts Private E-2

Need some help, guys. WinXP Home. Had a problem and uninstalled my old Office97Pro, then tried to reinstall. At the end of the reinstall I get "Updating System", then "Htmlmarq.ocx was unable to register itself in the system registry." and "Install unsuccessful".

Anybody know why? Heck, I don't even have to know why: anybody know what to do?

Note: I did a Custom Install, including all components except Bookshelf and CD based stuff.

2. hankroberts

hankroberts Private E-2

Update: If I uncheck and don't install the webpage tools, the install works. I now have office back on the puter, but the webpage tools (html builder, etc.). Anyone know why, or how to fix this?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds