msvfw32.dll is missing from your computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by iambinary, Sep 8, 2013.

1. iambinary

iambinary Private E-2

googling told me that msvfw32.dll could be anything (i didn't see anything helpful when googling within a year so i google all years), and some sites say redownloading is a bad idea. if i should, what's the safest source and where do you put the file?

advise please? anyone familiar and knowledgeable with msvfw32.dll?

win 7 64 bit

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

iambinary...

Sometimes the missing .dll error reports a .dll that isn't really missing. In that case, what's missing is a reference to the file. These days usually it's the fault of a registry cleaner that gets rid of a file containing a reference to the file mentioned in the error, breaking a dependency chain in Windows or in a program.

Questions:
    1. Do you use a cleaner on the registry? Good idea to stop this if so.
    2. Is this a Windows 7 error message or from a program?
    3. If it is a Windows error does it occur when you use a specific program or does it happen on boot? I think it has something to do with MS video rendering for Windows Media Player...msvfw stands for "MS video for Windows".

I recommend for starters that you right click on your Windows folder and search the folder to see if msvfw32.dll shows up in there. If it's there, might have to do some detective work to determine what is missing on the system...

3. iambinary

iambinary Private E-2

it's a 'system error' when i open an adobe program

did the scan thing -- http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm -- and then checked the log it gave for "msvfw"

found these:

"Cannot repair member file"
    "Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing"

"Could not reproject corrupted file"
    "source file in store is also corrupted"

now what?? :/

4. K@ABC

K@ABC Private E-2

5. iambinary

iambinary Private E-2

after the dll was replaced with the extracted one, the scan still says the same thing, that it's missing and corrupted..

??

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What Adobe program. State the name and version.
    http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You could ask at the proper Adobe forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds