Multi-colored toolbar in Excel & more

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jinxlinx, Oct 10, 2007.

1. jinxlinx

jinxlinx Private E-2

The toolbar on one of the desktops in the office has a multi-colored toolbar. The buttons that the colored portion is over doesn't seem to bother the operations at all, I'm just worried that there's a virus that I'm not finding. It has appeared in Excel, and in folders when they are open. This is on a new computer that does run Norton on a regular basis. Its a dimension Dell that has Xp on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

What version of Excel is this? By "folders", do you mean viewing them via Windows Explorer?

Wondering why you put this topic in Hardware in instead of Software.

3. jinxlinx

jinxlinx Private E-2

Ok, maybe I did post in the wrong section, I just thought maybe this was a video card problem. This computer is using 2003 version of XP Pro & yes in the windows explorer folders is where it also appears. I ran norton again, then I ran adaware se 2007 which found some items but still did not clear up the issue. I even tried another monitor. I have a screen shot of it if that will help. Any info as always is helpful.
    Thanks

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Please go ahead and post the screen shot.

Again, what version of Excel? Did this problem start when you installed MS Office? If not, did you make any other changes, i.e. install/uninstall software and/or hardware), just before this happened?

Do you have Restore Points available for dates before this started?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds