Multi-session disk with Nero

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, Aug 4, 2005.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

If there are any persons familiar with Nero, perhaps you can help me. When I had Nero 5.5, I would use multi-session to burn my My Documents folder onto a disk as a backup. Then every so often, after I had made additions or changes to My Documents, I would burn the folder onto the disk again. But instead of having to burn the entire contents of the My Documents folder, there were settings in Nero so that only new files or folders within My Documents, or existing ones that had been changed, would be burned. The others would be left alone, but still would become a part of that latest session. I can't see how to do that on my Nero 6.6.0.15. Is there a way? Thanks.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I'm not aware of such a feature in Nero Burning Rom itself, only in the BackItUp component.

It's called "incremental" backup. Read the BackItUp help file for information.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Actually, I recently upgraded to the new version, and it still can do this. I just find it easier to use the simple user interface instead of the expert view.

Also, if you did an upgrade, sometimes I find that the burner has no clue what kind of disc you just installed. You may need to start over with a new disk. SInce this is a backup only, you should have no issues.

Or you can use their backitup solution, I don't.

4. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

That's my problem. How do you do this?
    Also, I can't find any reference to BackItUp in my Nero. Where is it?

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

It should be in the Multisession tab in Nero Burning Rom.

As far as BackItUp, that should be in the Nero folder in the Start Menu.

6. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Thanks for your reply. Fact is, I don't have a Multisession tab and I don't have BackItUp in the Start/Programs menu. I did have those things with 5.5, but I don't have them in the upgrade to 6.6. Weird, huh?

7. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

In the New Compliation Wizard, CDROM (ISO) there should be a Multisession tab on Nero Burning ROM. You are saying you don't have this tab? Unistall the software and reinstall it.

8. maybeok

maybeok Private First Class

This may be a answer to you problem?

Are you using
    [1] Nero Express [The package normally included with Burners]
    [2] Nero Burning Rom [As within the full program "Nero 6 Reloaded"]

If you are using the Nero Express have a look within the "Final Burn Folder" [Reference is in the Nero Express Help] and tick check the "Allow Files to be Added Later [Multisession Disc]

If you are using "Nero Burning Rom" modify the "New Compilation" folder by having the Ticks in "Refresh Compilation when Importing Session" and "Replace Files in Compilation" and "Add New Files to Compiltaion" and place radio dots in "File date or Length Changed"

Have a look at same and come back to to your entry

9. theefool

theefool Geekified

If you have the full blown version of nero, you can switch to the express version. The multisession portion on the express variant is a checkbox that appears right before you burn the cd.

10. maybeok

maybeok Private First Class

Re: Multi-session disk with Nero = Forgot to mention=;

Forgot to mention;
    Nero Burning ROM =
    When you are creating a "Multisession" disc look within the "New Compilation" "Info" folder and check the radio dot for "Start Multisession Disc" and then when you go to update the Disc the radio dot must be shown in "Continue Multisession Disc" [could be grey after the using "Start Multisession Disc"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds