multimedia audio conrollers

Discussion in 'Software' started by nails223, Mar 12, 2011.

1. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

hi i have an amd sempron desktop pc and it crashed and i lost windows so i had to reinstall it but when i did this the pc then had no sound and it does not matter what i do i cannot get the sound to work i have tried reinstall hardware and it finds multimedia audio controllers but then it does not instal properly it said it needs it drivers but i cant seem to find them i am afraid i dont know what sound card it has just that it does have one my pc is running on windows xp service pack 3 version 2002 so if any one could help me i would be most grateful thank you

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

We will need a bit more info as in the below

This will help us with the drivers needed as its likely you will need to insyall the Chipset and then Audio drivers for your PC make and model.

3. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

hi thank you for replying i have atteched that report like you said thanks again

Attached Files:

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, nails223.

If possible, please answer the following:

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As you have XP Sp3 then you have the UAA HD audio driver anyways so try this driver HERE

If you have any yellow ! marks in Device Manager do please tell us?

6. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

the only yellow ! is the one on multimedia audio conrollers

7. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

i installed that link restarted like it said and it come up with no ADI codec driver installed

8. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

I believe this where you can get your Audio Driver.....

http://www.sis.com/download/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and the driver you need is the top one in the "TOP DOWNLOADS" collumn which is "SiS7012 Audio Driver". Choose you Location and hit download and unzip the exe. file and run.

iain.t :major

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  9. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

hi i treid this and it said it cant install the drivers

10. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

11. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

12. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

i have tried this one twice and it tells me that it cannot install the driversthank you for your help

13. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

For some reason Foxconn posted two xp drivers for that motherboard. here is the other. Download the 25MB driver and see if that helps. I think the other might have been for 64Bit even though they did not mention it. Good Luck.

14. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

15. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    It is something that i have not used myself but the instructions on how to use can be found here....

http://phyxion.net/item/analysing-and-removing-drivers.html

I would select all the "sound" ones then analyze and if nothing realy jumps out at you then I would press clean, this will remove all the sound drivers that have been installed including the failed attempts, then I would try the driver that tgel has suggested, the AC97 driver I suggested was just a "longshot" to see if it would work, in your everest report it says you have a SiS 7012 sound card,I have read that the AC97 works as an alternative with that card due to install problems with the SiS cards driver.

iain.t :major

16. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

thanks to everyone who helped me on this problem it is all sorted

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds