Multimedia Audio Controller for Windows Vista missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by WolfBrother, Jan 27, 2010.

1. WolfBrother

WolfBrother Private E-2

Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I looked and couldn't find anything specific with this problem for Vista.

I just upgraded from XP to Vista and now the sound on my PC doesn't work. It says "Multimedia Audio Controller" is missing the driver.

I know this has been a problem for many, but it seems all the answers are for XP.

I also have no idea what kind of soundcard or motherboard that I have. If that'll be an issue with the diagnosis can someone tell me how to find out what kind they are?

Any help to get my audio back would be appreciated.

2. WolfBrother

WolfBrother Private E-2

Sorry for the double post. . . I can't find the edit button.

I found a link that gave me the update for my computer's vista driver. :)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Good stuff and glad you found the driver ok.

Just as a tip for you in finding out what hardware is in any PC is to use something like Everest and it gives a wealth of info. There are some other apps that do the same like SIW and Speccy to name just two.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds