Multimedia Audio Controller HELP! NO SOUND!

Discussion in 'Software' started by avilajulian, Aug 8, 2008.

1. avilajulian

avilajulian Private E-2

So i restored my computer because of a virus I couldn't get rid of and now my sound doesn't work. When I go to device manager there a yellow question mark next to the Multimedia Audio Controller and when I try to install the driver for it it says I need a disc. I dont have the disc so what do I do?

I have a vprmatrix computer model no. 240r

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    I'm assuming Windows XP....
    The system drivers are available HERE. However, it's strange that they don't have the sound driver listed. So download and install the motherboard driver (also known as the "chipset" driver) and restart the PC after it's installed. Your PC has ADI 1981 on board audio according to the VPRmatrix web site's spec page. You can download a driver for that sound chip from Intel, just click HERE.

Let us know if this works or not.... good luck!

3. avilajulian

avilajulian Private E-2

It doesn't work. :/ I still need to download the driver for the Multimedia Audio Controller and I don't know where to find them.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

The multimedia controller IS your sound and should be resolved with the right sound driver.
    The AD1981A is a hard driver to find (obsolete)
    The one dlb suggested should work unless your PC has a PC specific driver. (modified by your PC maker)

Attach an Everest report, so we can get a better idea.

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

5. avilajulian

avilajulian Private E-2

Oh here is the report.

Attached Files:

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

7. avilajulian

avilajulian Private E-2

How do I check my BIOS?

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

As the PC starts, press one of these keys, (The most common are Del or F2)
    (here is a list by manufacturer)http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
    Or the right key will be posted on the very first screen. (it may be called Set-up)
    Tap it until you enter set-up, then look for your audio (it should be in Advanced or in Integrated Peripherals)
    Make sure sound is set correctly, when finished. For Onboard Sound (Enabled) For an add-on Sound Card (Disabled)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds