Multimedia Audio Controller Issue, need HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by novato, Aug 12, 2009.

1. novato

novato Private E-2

This is a real challenge!!!

I have do many things to get this work with no success.

I format my computer but the sound card doesn't want it to work.

I already download the drivers from the manufacture but I still got a mark that says multimedia audio controller and no sound at all.

Could be a hardware problem???

Can someone help me out??

Here are my computer specifications

Windows xp Pro SP3
    Asus A7V8X-X

Thanks in advance!!!!!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

From ASUS's support and downloads site that you grabbed the Audio drivers off, also get the Chipset drivers and install them, then reboot and then install the Audio again, as most onboard audio needs the chipset first (its listed under utilities as VIA 4 in 1 Drivers 4.43V for Win98SE/2K/ME/NT4.0/XP)

Do also tell us what hardware if any have yellow ! marks next to them in Device Manager?

3. novato

novato Private E-2

I did already what you told me, install first the chipset 4in1 version 4.43 => Restart the computer => Install the audio drivers downloaded from ASUS for my motherboard and when I boot it I get an error with a tittle DSndUP error: No ADI codec driver is installed this was when the computer turn on.

This is where I get stock :(

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Judging by this and your other thread you have multiple issues with Windows XP, I would be inclined to run SFC /SCANNOW from a Command (SMD) Prompt and you likely will need your XP CD if it finds errors in files.

Also have you installed any CODEC packs, these are multiple audio drivers fro various media types like DivX, MP4 etc if so uninstall it.

Check that the Windows Audio Service is Started and set to Automatic, its in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Then use CCleaner to delete temps and attempt driver install again.

5. novato

novato Private E-2

I did what you told me but the first time I get a blue screen when I ran the SFC with a code:
    STOP: 0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x00000000, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

and when I try it again It restart the computer by itself and this is the error under event viewer.

Error code 0000001a, parameter1 00041284, parameter2 0259f001, parameter3 00001f09, parameter4 c0503000.

I'm thinking to install windows again using another CD, I already try it with two different ones.

Any suggestions?

6. novato

novato Private E-2

Well I have to reinstall everything from scratch formatting my HD and seems to be working just fine. Thanks a lot to every one here!!!

Regards!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds