multimedia audio controller- no driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by X-Z3R0, Jul 31, 2007.

1. X-Z3R0

X-Z3R0 Private E-2

well im VERY new to drivers. they have surprisingly never been my problem until now. usually it was viral or program errors...because i just screw around with every little file on the computer..till awhile ago i posted here about my corrupted registry..itryed the ting they said and i messed it up...rofl i had 3 of the 5 reg files and backups were deleted so i was FRYED. so i figured reinstall time. twas perfect till this and NOW its perfect =D

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:DWelcome to the club. I did the same with my wife's PC a while back. Had to a complete re-install, too. I used the same reg app on hers that I use on mine but it killed hers rolleyes Taught me to be very careful from then.;)

3. X-Z3R0

X-Z3R0 Private E-2

oh yes i learned that. i was surprised how much it messed. irealized otherday what happened. i wrote bad blocks onto the partition. (31mbs of free space (turned out corrupted)) and after i booted and the login screen was different and i couldnt log in :|

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Just remember my motto...I HATE COMPUTERS :D I may even change my siggie.
    Got to go for awhile. I bought a new surge protector and am going to hook it up:wave

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

P.S. If you want to chat, check out the chat box..some good folks in there.

6. gmajic46

gmajic46 Private E-2

Has anyone seen a modem line #2 in there in the sounds audio device. That has been getting installed as a device in the Audio tab of the Sounds and Audio Devices icon in Control panel. This has happened ever since I downloaded an MP3 converter program I'm not sure which program caused this to happen NCH (Switch) or Cocoon s/w; but whenever that gets loaded all my sounds are gone including the Windows Logon WAV. I managed to delete it from the Registry and force the system to load my AC 97 Realtek driver, then I get my sounds back. Now a new one has popped up Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device, this also inhibits all my audio sounds. I disable it and everything works fine. Do I need this device or can it be deleted?

7. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

hi i was just wondering if any one can help me my pc crashed and i had to reinstall windows when i did i did not have any sound and cant seem to get it to work i have tried looking for the drivers but am a bit unsure of what i am doing tried looking for new hardware it comes up with it has found multimedia audio controllers but then they do not install properly and i am not sure what to do i have windows xp if that help please could someone help me

8. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks! :)

You have subscribed to a four year old thread! It would be much better if you would start your own thread with your particular problem. Please include which Windows version that you are using, what type of computer, OEM ( large manufacturers ) or home built, and whether it is a desk top or laptop.

Please pardon the welcome, as I did so before looking at post count. I see that you also mentioned XP as the OS, but knowing the Service Pack level and type of computer would be helpful. This is a link on how to start your own thread about your problem. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31333.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds