Multiple Browsers with Multiple Tabs open & "Normalcy"??

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Jan 4, 2011.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Might it be considered "normal" behavior (or is it "behaviour"?) to be "surfing" (and I loathe that term) the net with multiple (at least two) browsers opened, and with each browser having, say, oh, anywhere from four to perhaps 24 tabs open - all at once??

Or is it just moi?

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Why not if you opened them all and as long as you have enough RAM. I don't but why not eh?;)

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I often have my browsers configured to open 4+ tabs at startup; 100+ tabs in one browser and 20-40 in another plus 4+ pdfs open in Foxit Reader is not so uncommon for me, been doing it for years ;)

Many people with 'stock' browser/Windows configs may have problems with this however, as adverts, image animation, Java and Flash all conspire to burn up the RAM and CPU cycles.

Normal? Moi? Mais non ^-^

4. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Satrow, not normal. I have users that have their browser configured to open 12+ tabs every time they open it. I want a simple google page, I get all of their junk loading!

I get comments every time someone looks at my screen though too. Right now I have command prompt, 3 MSN conversations, a stack of AIM conversations, 11 excel sheets, 1 IE and 16 firefox pages open. Each firefox has at least 4 tabs. No wonder I'm running slow today! But I NEEEEEED it all. :) Oh, and I also love standby, don't have to close it all, I leave it all to clog up my screen for a few more days.

5. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

So, I'm not (necessarily) the Major FrEaK that I thought I was, eh?? :-Drolleyes:confused:major:p;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds