Multiple corrupt user accounts

Discussion in 'Software' started by gaskibba, Nov 7, 2010.

1. gaskibba

gaskibba Private E-2

TimW made this comment when he posted a reply in the Malware forum, "Your logs are clean. However, I see you have many corrupt user accounts. I suggest that you post in the software forum as your issues are not caused by malware..".

So I'm here to ask for help. The multiple user accounts are from a number of times that the computer has been in the shop and had some kind of repair installation done. I have not messed with this very much as somewhere along the line windows got changed from the home edition to the Pro version and I'm not sure about where the validation code is stored.

Thanks for any help.

Gerard

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, gaskibba.

You might take a look at the steps outlined in the following MS KB articles: KB 555473 and KB 326688.

3. gaskibba

gaskibba Private E-2

Hi, Thanks for the response. But those articles don't help me much. Can I Just do a backup of the entire drive and then delete those user accounts. I'll need some direction on doing that.
    Thanks
    Gerard
    :major

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds