Multiple Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by urmom, Mar 7, 2006.

1. urmom

urmom Private First Class

Hey, with my new video card I can use multiple monitors. How do I do it though? If I plug my second monitor into my old monitor spot, nothing happens.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Your video has two outputs. Plug both monitors in, the primary should be in digital if you have digital\analog outputs. From there, right click your desktop, properties and configure the 2 monitors, one as #1, one as #2. Its failry easy to do from there, holler with more specs if you have trouble and one of us will assist.

3. urmom

Hmm, thanks for the quick reply.

The problem that I seem to be having is that the second monitor cable won't fit into the other slot in the video card. Here's a link to my video card. If you look at the picture, you can see a normal monitor plug spot and then a different one. I looked on my monitor and it sais I could plug one of those in but should I buy that cable and would that allow me to use dual display?

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

5. urmom

Oh OK thanks, I can order that soon because I'm ordering 1 gig of RAM from there soon and can just include that with it. Two bad I will have to use my old CRT monitor.

6. iandoh

iandoh Private E-2

That GFX only has DIGITAL DVI. The converter is Hybrid DVI (Digital + Analog), and it just routes the analog part to the VGA end. It won't fit because your GFX is missing the analog pins. In conculsion, It wont work.

7. urmom

Why not? If you look at the images, it looks like it has the right connections.

8. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

B.S.
    I think iandoh is missing a few pins

It Will Work!

9. urmom

Ok cool, I'll buy one of those as well when I upgrade my RAM.

10. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

all you need it an adaptor, why wouldn't it work? my card has 2x DVI and I am usin g a DVI-VGA adaptor and it works fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds