multiple programs failing to install (win98)

Discussion in 'Software' started by robert707, Apr 16, 2009.

1. robert707

robert707 Corporal

I've been trying to to find an avi editor and have tried to install a few and the programs have failed to install properly, at first I though it was the software but after three failed to install I thought there might be something wrong with my system,

first "avi tricks" when installing , this message came up:

Access violation address OOSISDAS (000515DAS?) in the module 'avitricks'
    Read or address FFFFFFFF.

then with "solveig avi editor" I got two of these during setup:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

and then this during the same setup:

Error:

Cannot register C:\program files\ common files\ Solveig Multimedia\SMM_EditEngine.dll"

Then when trying to install "Blaze media " it would just start the installation and then the window would just disappear and then nothing else would happen like the installation just disappeared. I would ctrl-alt-delete and it would be there "balze media" not responding
    so i would just end task.

any ideas on what is going wrong or what I should check ?

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Well, Microsoft have some bugs in regard to .avi file. And some fixes. One for Vista and another one for XP. What do you have?

3. robert707

robert707 Corporal

my OS is windows98.

i think i'll need to convert the AVI file into windows media file and then get an editor for that
    format.
    Would an AVI program have problems installing?

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds