music onto slide show

Discussion in 'Software' started by mike conner, May 6, 2004.

1. mike conner

mike conner Private E-2

I'm having very little success putting music from a cd onto the disk I want a slide show on. I have HP Memories disk as the installed method to create the cd. HPphoto & imaging is also in my pc running Win XP. When I get to the selection of music to include, the disk I have installed gives me a " the cd is a read only file " Does this mean it is copyrighted not to let me download the track I want into the slide show? Only 1( a Blues Bros.CD ) in about 6 cd's I've tried will let me use a song. It's a graet cd but it doesn't go well with all my photos....HELP!!

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Its possible, but I am confused as to what a slide show has to do with music, where slide shows usually refers to video. Maybe try another burning program, I use Nero myself. I have seen the read only error when transferring burned CD files to a hard drive, but not as you are explaining it. Im not 100% sure I am understanding you either, so I can only say try the Nero burner. I am guessing you have a HP computer, I dislike these brand name PC's because they come with all these tools, all loading in startup and frankly, most of the time these tools are not very good.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds