Musicbee problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by psco2007, Aug 9, 2010.

1. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

I downloaded Musicbee and have a problem.
    It will not import full albums and duplicates songs from other albums.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
    Can't get it to work properly.
    Any suggestions are much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

It could be a DRM problem. If the albums are protected it may have problems accessing the stuff. You might try using an app like Slysofts AnyDVD which eliminates protections in the background, enabling you to do your thing. Not all music cd's have protections.

I like Easy CD-DA Extractor myself. Its not free but it does an excellent job. A free one would be EAC.

There is another app as well for editing tags and converting music anyway. dbPowerAmp Music Converter, it used to be a paid only software, now its free full for the trial then reverts to a free version with a few limitations. It would be a good idea to uninstall any codec packs you have and then reinstall only a few and those you want for dbPowerAmp (they have both a compilation of codecs you can download and a page with all separate ones. A nice and safe codec pack you can install is called "coda codec pack", it covers most stuff and can be easily uninstalled if you have problems.

3. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Thanks for reply,
    The program imports SOME songs from a particular album - not protected - and duplicates other album songs 3 or 4 times, so I think it is a problem in the program.
    I'll give your suggestions a try.
    Thanks again

4. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Thanks Appzalien,
    I just had success using this program, although It still can't import properly.
    I found out if I click "computer" in the left pane, I can select my music files and it loads them and plays!
    The sound on this program is better than Windows Media Player or Winamp, so I am happy.
    Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds