Musicmatch Jukebox and Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by thesmokingun, Nov 20, 2006.

1. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

hello all, just thought i would post to see what responses i would get about this. I recently updated to IE7 and noticed that Musicmatch 7.5 stopped working. The program doesnt load. In the process list, mmjb.exe (musicmatch prog) and mmdiag (something related to musicmatch, not exactly sure) are there and running. But nothing happens. If i try to start IE7 while those programs are "running", ie doesn't work either, until i end the processes. I think there must be some kind of dll update or something from ie7 that makes musicmatch stop working (it worked when i uninstalled ie7 and went back to ie6, but other problems surface with other programs, so i went back to ie7).. I'm not looking for any real solution or help, more of a rant than anything... cause i like musicmatch v7.5 ( i payed for it, and i don't want to pay for v10) and i like to use ie rather than firefox, im pretty much stuck with this setup...

so, maybe, if any suggestions, or anyone else that may have had this prob, please post. if not, then, thanks for reading anyway!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Reinstall MM 7.5?

3. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

If you can meet the system requirements for MM 10, I recommend upgrading to 10. I'm thinking 10 will surely be IE7 compatible. It is for me running XPsp2. Good luck. I didn't have to pay for the basic MM 10. If you want premium services tho, you will likely have to pay for them as you are aware.

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

funny thing about reinstalling mm7.5...it hangs during setup. i was able to reinstall after i rolled back to ie6.

as for mm10, i like it, even tho the features are pretty much the same as 7.5, but i do like the extra features in the plus version. maybe i'll just pay..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds