my ABIT kv8 3rd Eye problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viovio, Dec 25, 2004.

1. viovio

viovio Private E-2

My specs are:

AMD 64 3400+
    1024 DDR Ram pc3200+ Corsair 400
    80GBhd with 8cache
    Radeon 9600xt
    Kv8 3rd eye Abit Motherboard
    450W PS

My first problem:
    The cpu fan runs at 2000 - 3000RPM all the time even in the 60degrees time. I have tryed everything from voltages to Turning off EQ Control. I know the temps are wrong from uguru becuase its much cooler but i won't be satisfied until i get a 5000rpm speed from my CPU fan. but if 2000 - 3000RPM is the right speed then dam.

Second Problem:
    I dled and installed the lastest Catalyst drivers for my Radeon 9600xt. when i reboot it locks my computer on desktop giving me CLI errors then my screen goes black and my comp restarts. i have tryed the follow drivers:
    Omega 4.12
    Catalyst 4.12
    Omega 4.10
    Omega 4.8
    Catalyst 4.8
    Catalyst 4.10

I tryed 4.12 again but didn't let it install the Control Panel and seems to work but without the function to change settings. I am unable to change opengl or Directx settings. If there was a alternative to editing this like a .CFG then please tell me !? but its annoying

I read around saying that the Motherboard kv8-3rd eye 4in1 Drivers stimulates a bug in All ATI drivers. There was a way into getting them to work but i had to cut 50% away from my performance grid. im not willing to do that so Please help ME:(

2. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Hi,

I have just built a KV8 pro system very similar exept I have socket 754 with 3400+, same video card and bios basically the same so I have some backround.

First the cpu fan should be able to turn to 5000 rpm so make sure EQ is disabled in bios and make sure you save and exit. Make sure the cpu fan is on the correct mobo header.

What version board do you have and what bios? The reason I ask is because I have none of these problems and ugru is very accurate on temps, I have mobo version 1.1 and bios 17. I here they had trouble with version 1.0 of these boards.
    I think you should flash to the latest bios version witch is 19 or try 17. How do you know the temps are much cooler than reported by ugru?
    As far as the 9600XT I used the drivers that came with the board and no problems yet.

Rick

3. viovio

viovio Private E-2

Thankyou for replying.

i do have a socket 754 with 3400+. and i didn't update the bios. and i will try turning off EQ. but when i did ugure showed it was running at 2000RPM.

as for the radeon 9600xt.... i still need help on that the drivers conflict :<.

i just installed sp2 see if it would fix my problem but it don't. i will update bios and turn off EQ to see if it fixes the cpu fan problem.

As for my radeon i might unistall the VIA drivers for my motherboard becuase its screwing me up

4. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Oops my mistake I thought 3rd eye was a 939 board.

http://www.abit-usa.com/faq/mb/check.php

Checkout the above link it will tell you how to determine the version of your board and what bios you have. We need to know this to help you.

What version 4in1 drivers are you using? Version 4.53 with sp2 had agp issues and could be your problem with the 9600XT.

My system is identical to yours that is why I want to know the version of the board

Rick

5. viovio

viovio Private E-2

im sorry for my lack of information here it is:

i can't check theb bios becuase a abit logo comes on instead of the information screen. but i haven't touched bios so it would be the orginal one from the package

the 4in1 was 4.51v.

6. viovio

viovio Private E-2

K i installed the VIA drivers again but i unchecked the AGP 3.0

it worked but i am unable to access control panel to change GFX Settings take a look this is what i get everytime i boot:

www.agentro.net/error.jpg

always when i boot or try to load. Is there like a Notepad CFG where i can change settings or something.

7. viovio

viovio Private E-2

sorry for 3rd post its

www.agentro.net/error.JPG :(

This only works without agp support 3.0 from 4in1 VIA. i have no control panel and not using my GFX full performance

if i use it with AGP support 3.0 from 4in1VIA my screen goes fuzzy then screen says khz or something is out and then screen goes black and comp restarts with a dump. that happens every reboot

8. Doby

Doby Sergeant

I am not sure what drivers you are referring to (Omega 4.12Catalyst 4.12) just install the drivers on the cd that came with the card or download them from Ati.

I think you should make sure of the temps and rpm settings first. What are they in bios?

When you boot at the Abit logo screen hit tab this will show you the boot screen then hit pause this will stop the post so you can read the screen,press enter to continue.
    The bios version will be on the first screen the last two numbers at the bottom. Some of the old bios had problems with temps and rpm readings so you should find out what version you have and depending on that upgrade the bios to get accurate temps and rpms

9. viovio

viovio Private E-2

Yes. my bios is 16. But my computer stays and 22 - 50temp. but now i got another main problem. my via chipset needs the 4in1 drivers. Its a pain becuase everytime i boot i get black screen and auto restarts. i have tryed microsofts and via versions. any others?

10. viovio

viovio Private E-2

I just fixed the VIA problem. i installed Mircrosoft VIA version and turned off AGP 3.0 Calibration Cycle or something.

Now my fan gets to 3500RPM i turned off EQ. my bios is 16 and my SYS Fan is 2700RPM (case fan)

Should the Case fan be in AUX1 or SYS1?

11. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Shouldnt matter.
    I wound reccomend just connecting case fan to a molex connector off the PSU.
    Most mobo fan headers have voltage limits, if you exceed, you burn out the header.
    I have tosted a fan header before, I'm much more careful now.

12. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Also in bios under power managment if cool'n'Quiet is enabled could lower your fan rpms. I don't like cool'n'quiet or fan EQ I use fan controllers to raise and lower rpm and controll case/cpu temp.

The cpu fan usually can turn 5000 rpm but depending on the kind of case fan you have 2700 might be it, should tell you on the package it came in. Have you got the temps under controll and do you think your temp readings are accurate? What are they?

Rick

13. viovio

viovio Private E-2

Actually. my fan only does 3800rpm. its a 800rpm increase when i turned of EQ and Coolnquiet. But the max temperature i see now when im playing games and ect is 42 - 45degrees. thats ok. im pleased with that also i updated my bios to 19. :D

but im now still having problems with these VIA Drivers. Very unstable, i turn to mircrosoft and they let me play but mircrosoft drivers are dodgy too.

VIA drivers = Unable to login to windows crash on boot.
    Mircrosoft = Play all the time. when using Internet explorer for about 20mins it hangs my computer.

14. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Hmmmm,

Your temps look pretty good, Do you have all the ms critical updates?

Maybe you should test the ram

Rick

15. viovio

viovio Private E-2

I am in contact with Abit.

I tested my ram and my MB with Windows Ram Dioganostic

i got
    Standard Test: 4 passes
    Extended Test: 4 passes

So its not my ram or MB. Then we checked my PSU it was ok... now they say reformat but i have done that 20 times.

www.agentro.net/abit.JPG

Waiting a reply on DDRAM Timings and Voltage Suggestions. BUT i know its those VIA drivers and microsoft playing up on me. im gonna crack it soon

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds