My Admin Login Can Use My Windows 10 Start Menu But As A User Start Menu Doesn't Work.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcduke, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

Somehow I must have locked out my start menu button for users (which I log on to use my computer). Lately when I click on the start menu it doesn't work. I can left click on it and bring up the window with written choices. Did I do something that doesn't allow me to left click on the start menu as a user?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

One approach that could work for this is to use Powershell, so if you have the search box type powershell and right click and run as admin it, then once open paste this line below in and hit enter, let it run and if you see red text dont worry its normal

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Once run reboot and test the Start menu, you may have to populate the Start menu with the common used apps if you added any, but it should leave the choices you made intact.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds