My Ares Folder Isn't In My PC!

Discussion in 'Software' started by temple-Lobe, Sep 14, 2008.

1. temple-Lobe

temple-Lobe Private E-2

Hi

I've used ares many times before and always chose the file in which to download everything - I installed Ares again but this time let the downloads go into the default folder, which I can't find on my PC!

The files which were downloaded can't be found using the search and if I follow the path: "C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Local Settings\Application Data\Ares\My Shared Folder" there's no such folder on the PC!

Am I missing something?

Unfortunately the first downloads are now lost since I changed the folder to download into so your help would be appreciated so much!

temple-Lobe

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As Application data is a hidden folder, try this to see if you can locate it, in any open folder click Tools > Folder Options, select the view tab, scroll down and check 'Show hidden files and folders' then search.

Also if you know the date you downloaded these files, use windows search and choose advanced and search by date and created.

3. temple-Lobe

temple-Lobe Private E-2

Thank you Halo!

Imanaged to locate the file by putting the path into run, but it still didn't explain why I couldn't trace the folder following the path

now I understand, cheers..!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds