My Computer hangs...

Discussion in 'Software' started by TimW, Jun 26, 2006.

1. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Does anybody remember the fix for when you click on my computer and the flashlight sits there forever ....think it also screws with your browser and possibly crashes the desktop ...think it was a vbscript?

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Standalone or networked computer? If networked, how many network drives do you have? Does this article describe your problem?

3. TimW

Networked (LAN - 3) and I've looked at that one ...:) :)

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Update all your drivers, especially for all your peripherals and any digital camera software or other devices.

Steve

5. TimW

Drivers are up to date ....seems to only have when a browser is open (firefox) ...doesn't happen if my computer is opened before getting on the web...I've seen this issue somewhere, and it seemed to be a vbscript issue ...but I'm an old fa*t and can't remember where ....

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

How long are we talking about.....5 minutes?

Steve

7. TimW

At least ....x out of my computer ....x out of the browser and desktop disappears and ctrl+alt+del comes up ...click shut down ....nothing. Have to do a power off and hard restart ....everything is then fine.!!??!!

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

9. TimW

Looked at that also ....did the wia stop and got an error message ...but it still showed it as stopped.
    Haven't tried to crash it since .....

10. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

11. TimW

Looks like that wia thing ....will see when I get home....Thanks.:) :)
    Wish I could remember .....my brain must not be fully formed yet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds