My computer keeps trying to install Adobe Acrobat

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sneeply, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Sneeply

Sneeply Private E-2

This is a very strange problem. I used IObit tools (pro, purchased via your Facebook reference Thank you!) to uninstall Creative Suite 2 and all components.

Here is where it gets weird. My system is fixated on trying to install Acrobat Pro 7.x.x.

Click "search" and Windows installer comes up on the screen.

Click on my C drive, same thing.

Click to open the Recycle Bin, ditto.

It never stops. I became so desperate I uninstalled EVERY Adobe program on my system, and one-by-one deleted every file even remotely relate to Adobe. I figure when i fix this problem I will reinstall what I need.

All my programs are legal. No hacks. Besides IObit tools Pro I have a good PAY virus protection system (recommended by Major Geeks). I did the deepest possible Virus Check Scan. I do not think this can be a virus, it is just an installer program that has buried itself in my system and won't die.

I have run every IObit tool even remotely related to this, and no luck. Short of shrinking myself down and entering my computer with a chain saw (probably not a realistic option) is there anything else I can do?

This system upon which I am having the problems is the C-boot drive (I have a separate D-boot drive not affected) on my ASUS AMD dual corp PC running Windows XP.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Sneeply...

Very odd problem!

Looks as if you've tried the normal steps to rid yourself of this pest, so I suggest trying something different: why not let Adobe run through its install routines, and then try to uninstall?

3. Sneeply

Sneeply Private E-2

Do you mean re-install this element of creative suite, and then uninstall it?

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Hey Sneeply, I've see this being resolved using the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 7.2"
    http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

Instead of using this utility use the Microsoft FixIt linked on that page.
    Cheers..

5. Sneeply

Sneeply Private E-2

Thank you, Sikvik.

I am grateful you took time to respond. My big concern is if this is still an install issue. This thing has planted itself in my system almost like a virus. I ran the deepest virus scan yesterday, with no viruses found, so I am sure it is a glitch. I think we may be beyond simply an uninstall issue. For one thing, it is locked inside the Recycle bin, even though that shows no contents.

My CTO is in another state, but I have a local engineer who worked six years at Microsoft, and I may ask him to come sort it out for me. This is the problem with operating out of my home and having staff in 12 countries. I can't just yell down the hall and have someone from IT pop in to solve all my technical issues. ;)

6. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Sneeply, you're welcome. :)
    Run the FixIt. It will ask for an installation or uninstall issue. Go with the install fix first. If that does not resolve- run it again for uninstall.

Cheers..

7. Sneeply

Sneeply Private E-2

Windows Script Host:

Error: Library Not Registered

Code: 8002801D

Source: (null)

I get the above error report when I try to install the download, Sikvik.

I know the problem was caused by IObit Deep care Pro Uninstaler. IObit tools have worked flawlessly with one serious exception. When I use them to uninstall all or part of complex multi-program installs (specifically Microsoft Office 10 Trial and Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium) it attacks the entire computer and causes nightmarish problems.

It utterly destroyed my earlier Outlook express program, my address book and all my saved business emails (its restore failed), and you know some of the problems with Creative Suite. I also told it to NOT uninstall InDesign, which it did, but I cannot re-install it because when i try the install program tells me it is already on my system.

I called my CTO and he said the re-install issue is caused by something in the browser, which recognizes that the program is not current and tries to re-install or update it.

Sadly, re-installing Acrobat has made no difference. This is like a worm that permeates my system. Search, Recycle Bin, My Computer, anything I do starts multiple runs of the windows installer.

One of my engineers came over and set up a separate boot drive, which is now the default. I can use some programs on the C drive, and will install InDesign on the new D: boot. It is a work around until I wipe the whole thing and upgrade to Windows 7.

For my own curiosity and satisfaction I still would like to resolve this issue - I hate to admit I have been defeated by a machine - but for now the work-a-rounds make this an annoyance, not a deal killer.

I think Sikvik's solution might do the trick, but for whatever reason it won't install.

Thank you everyone for your courtesy and willingness to help a stranger in need. :)

8. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

9. Sneeply

Sneeply Private E-2

Thank you again, Sikvik. I have bookmarked the page and will wait until one of my techie people can come over and help me with this. MY greatest strength is knowing my limitations. ;)

10. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

You're welcome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds