my computer - manage is not opening

Discussion in 'Software' started by maverick_GE, Mar 9, 2013.

1. maverick_GE

maverick_GE Private E-2

hi all, i need help, when i try to open manage on MY COMPUTER clicking on the right side of mouse, it is not opening. Can u help, explain what to do to open it? or what is a problem why it isn't opening?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

First of all can you give us the Windows version and Service Pack you are using?

Are you logged in as the Admin?
    Have you installed any tweaking applications or tweaked any settings?

Very likely whats HERE will help but its dealing with the registry so DO backup your PC before attempting.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I'm not clear if My Computer isn't opening when you right click it or Manage isn't opening when you right click it. If it is Manage not opening, you can use the left mouse button to open mange.

If the right click isn't working on My Computer, does the right click work on other items? If not, try a different mouse.

4. maverick_GE

maverick_GE Private E-2

It is windows 7 64 bit. It has no react when i clicking on it. mouse is good.

5. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

A problematic connected USB device could be causing it to stall. Try unplugging everything that's externally connected (except your keyboard and mouse), and see if it will open. This includes thumbdrives, etc.

If this fails, try booting into Safe Mode with Networking, and see if it will open then.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds