My computer seems to be going too fast

Discussion in 'Software' started by deanie0923, Sep 15, 2011.

1. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

I'm not sure what is wrong with my computer. I have Windows Vista. When I click the numbers on my calculator, it shows it 2-3 times more. Hard to explain...example: I click the number '9' and it appears as 99 or 999. In Windows mail, if I click a name from my contact list to send, it shows up 2-3 times. In facebook, if I click on my notifications, I have to click it several times to bring it up. I tried restoring my computer by shutting it down improperly and then clicking restore when I turned it on...that didn't work. Just a few minutes ago, I wasn't able to copy and paste.

All of this began after downloading an upgraded version of Firefox so I uninstalled Firefox and am using IE and Chrome.

I'm not technical with my computer, so if you have an answer for me, please use common language instructions. :-D

Thanks for any help.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Open Control Panel and click on the mouse icon. Check the slider for double click speed and move it towards slower.

3. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

Thank you but that didn't work. I also tried restoring my computer to the lst of August....still didn't help. :cry

Anyother suggestions???

4. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Deanie - when you say you click on the numbers on the calculator, does the same problem also happen when you use the keys on the keyboard?

5. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

no, the calculator doesn't work unless I click the number on the calculator.

Also, when I restored the computer, it reinstalled some programs I don't want anymore like Firefox....only now I can't uninstall it because when I click it to uninstall it jumps to another program grrrrrr

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Twitchy finger? :confused
    Switch to decaf. ;):-D

7. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

Smarty pants! :p

8. locodave

locodave Corporal

Ran into this on my computer. Coupla thoughts on what I tryed. Letters and numbers kept spitting out excess numbers or letters. This is what I tryed in order. P.S. I tryed in C drive propertys, tools. scandisk and put the checks in for fix the dang thing. Wanna restart to do it? Duh! Yes I do.

If a wireless keyboard, are the batterys ok? Is the reciever for the keyboard close to the keyboard? When you try to type in one thing, does the reciever light flash? All I tryed at a 1st stab was ok. Push the button on the reciever and then push the button on the keyboard to initalate both.

Next, flip the keyboard face down and lightly tap a corner to see if dust falls from the board. Dust within the keys causes a sticky key. Or keys. Lotta dust came outta mine but still no joy.

Next on just the numbers. Have the key lock button pushed so you can use ither the nubers above the letters or the numbers to the right of the key board. Try both to see if a single push on the right number is ok or the top, same number is ok.

My keyboard had an adapter from the normal round plug to do a USB. If yours is the same. Loose the adapter to see if it's working ok now. I did try to use another USb port for giggles and no joy.

After trying diffrent things initally. I had a spare keyboard. No USB adapter. Plugged it in and it worked fine.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it, not a computer issue but a keyboard issue.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  9. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

Thanks for your response. Since mine is a laptop, it probably wouldn't hurt to go get it cleaned :eek:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds