My compy is FUBAR'ed, and I need help with formating.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vassriss, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Vassriss

Vassriss Private E-2

I had a virus or 4 on my comp, went through the MajorGeeks walkthrough on deleteing viruses, spyware, malware, etc.

Viruses were gone, I thought everything was fine, untill I tried to load disc in my CDROM. Neither of my 2 CDROM's work now (one normal, one cd-rw), and my comp is running slower than normal.

I went to the online support from Microsoft, talked to the tech guy in a chat window, and he walked me through a whole list of stuff to check. Did all that, but no joy on fixing the comp.

So, I am wanting to just wipe the HD clean, re-install Windows, and start from scratch. I've never formated a HD before, so if someone is willing to help me, I'd be grateful. (or if someone has any other ideas on what to try in order to get my CDROM's working again. The other thread I had posted is http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80709 )

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

3. Runner789

Runner789 Private E-2

Hey Asus, that link won't work for him. His CD roms don't work. He's going to have to go the hard way thru Fdisk to delete partitons, etc.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds