My Dreamweaver site

Discussion in 'Software' started by mysticscooby, Jul 30, 2013.

1. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

Hello,
    I have a store that I built using Dreamweaver (www.lifesmysticaljourney.com), a rather extensive store and have been spending time with the keywords and metatags and then I just read that google and other search engines no longer use this. They use the actual HTML coding. So, all of my pages are built using html, how do I know if I have done everything to make my page come up first when people search. I know it does for some things but of course I want it to come up first for anything on my site.

Also, the metatags I put into dreamweaver all seem to disappear. When I go back to add more or make changes, there is nothing there.

Thank you.

I'm sorry if I have this in the wrong place on here. I found dreamweaver questions (nothing related to this) but could not get back to the same place to start a new thread.

Thank you.
    Scooby... :p

2. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Meta tags are still used for some things, but not really by major search engines. Too many people used long lists of keywords that had nothing to do with the page, just to get more clicks. The engines have it easier generating their own keyword lists from the article text. To improve your site's visibility in search engines, look for "search engine optimization", (SEO), tips. Basic tips are to have a title and opening paragraph that summarize the page, using the keywords you want linked to that page, and don't display much content used on other sites. There are things like PageRank that measure the probability of someone stumbling on your site, though it's not flawless, either. Things in this area change fast, so it's good to use other Internet marketing methods to improve your site's overall visibility, as well. SEO won't help every site.

3. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

Thank you so much for this info and the links. Very helpful. :-D I will check it all out. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds