My DVD RW plays DVDs but will not burn DVDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mysticscooby, Nov 2, 2005.

1. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

Hi, I have been using this DVD burner for about 9 months and now, suddenly, it will not burn DVDs. Someone told me it was because in the primary IDE Channel properties, Device 1, current transfer mode says PIO mode and said this needs to say Ultra DMA Mode like it does above under Device 0. I have tried everything from changing it here to uninstalling both the Primary and secondary IDE channels and letting them reinstall themselves and I can't seem to get this to change. Is this what I need to do or is there a different problem.
    The programs I use are DVD shrink and Nero...
    Looking forward to hearing good news from someone....
    Christle Alarcon

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Whether it's the cause of the problem I can't say for certain, but it should be on DMA.

First thing to do is to update your motherboard/chipset drivers, as they are what control this.

If you are unsure, use EVEREST.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds