MY external Hardrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tonz-sk8, Mar 31, 2008.

1. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

Im not to good with computers but my external hard drive i droped and caught it by the usb wire.. By doing this the usb piece broke off. (I dont know what anything is called because im not the best with computers) But i took it apart and i realize theres something that hooks up to the back of the threads of the external hardrive allowing it to be read by the usb .. Does anyone know what this is called? if anyone can follow what im saying.. because it doesnt make much sense at all.. Any help is appreciated

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

*has puzzled look* can you take any pics, to show us? are you saying that the wires from where the usb cable plugs in, are broke off? it would still be beneficial, if we can see it. - sos

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

From the sounds of it, you should buy a new enclosure for it. They're not too expensive and it'll probably be cheaper and not worth the hassle of getting it replaced.

4. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

Thank youn so much

5. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

im not sure if its the enlcosure.. but im gonna send pictures of it ..

6. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

The bit you're on about comes with the enclosure, so when I said replace the enclosure it'll essentially replace the connectors.

8. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

Thank you

9. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

10. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

hmm I'm not sure if you hdd is SATA or PATA, you could open up the enclosure and check, PATA is a wide connection, Sata is a much smaller one. I'm assuming its SATA, like the enclosure you're looking at is.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds