My first post, hope you all can help :), internet problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by higgik, Sep 29, 2005.

1. higgik

higgik Private E-2

Hello all,

Great forum you guys have here by the way and i hope you can shed some light on my little problem.

My Laptop recently got infected and had to be reformatted and everything re-installed, it took nearly 2days work time to put all the software back onto it and set it up, so unfortunately a re-install isnt an option :(

I have a Buffalow WBRG54 Wireless router and a dell precision M70 laptop, before the crash everything worked great as it usally does, after the crash, i can no longer use bitlord,firefox or MSM, but heres the kicker my I.E. works? my online games no longer work also, im using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 (which updates) and MS antispyware (which cant connect to the internet).

I have the same problem when on site using a different wireless router, nothing except i.e. works, this leads me to beleive something is blocking something.

Unfortunately it may have been my fault... i know, me bad. When the computer was rebuilt, all worked fine except bitlord couldnt connect to trackers (bang goes tv downloads), so i tried to get it up and running by having a look at the virus scanner and the windows firewall to see if they where blocking it, and had a look around the router settings, i dont think i changed that much but apparently i did, so if you have a few weeks spare to help out or even a few moments of your time id appreciate it.

Thanks,

Karl.

2. higgik

higgik Private E-2

Just a quick addendum, my wifes laptop is able to function perfectly normal, i.e. firefox, msm, bittorrents etc, so i guess that rules out anything to do with the router blocking anything, must be some software on my laptop doing it.

Anyone any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds