My Friends Comp Needs Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Max Powerz, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Ok his comp is like... i dont even remember, celeron 1.7GHz mayby? But it has XP. Well he has all this garbage in internet explorer and all these useless programs that were installed from sites, he uses ad aware but i dont think that really helps. Well he needs some programs to clean up his drive and remove unwanted programs mayby "optimize" some things. He cant reformat cause its a family comp by the way. Im sure there should be some programs on majorgeeks that will help him i dont know which ones tho. Thanks.

2. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

You mean links in Internet explorer? Just delete them, try Spybot, update Ad-Aware definitions...

3. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Link me, and no, I mean programs on his toolbar and such.

4. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Did you update signatures, run spybot and try to delete from the Add/Remove programs panel?

5. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

i havnt actually been on his comp. All hes tried is add/remove...

6. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Tell him to update sigs and run spybot

7. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Link me, and whats sigs?

8. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

spybot is on this site, and Ad-aware releases new signatures for ad/spy ware, for 6.0 just go to the Earth icon and click Connect and it will update signatures...

9. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

its mainly programs not spyware, and spybot is on what site? And what about program removers?

10. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Major Geeks, and try updating the sigs, it will probably find some programs since it's adaware and the the name is Ad-aware :)

11. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Ok, is there an XP version of Tweak UI? And where can he get it?

12. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

13. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Here ya go
    tweak ui
    Dunno if this works with XP but maybe:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2003
  14. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

it wouldent work with xp...

15. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Maybe this will help
    power xp
    Read carefully. Hint :look in the colum to the right for d/l Good luck:)

16. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Thank you! this is perfect!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds