My Gateway solo 9100 is won't boot!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jahrass7, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Jahrass7

Jahrass7 Private E-2

My laptop won't boot!!! The power goes on...the cd rom light lights up...and the light next to it(which I don't know what it is)is lit up too!!! The only thing on my laptop is windows xp. I can't open the cd rom drive and nothing comes on the screen!!! Please help

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Try taking the battery out and starting up. Unplug any device plugged in to it.
    You do not see any BIOS screen or anything?

Often times there is a reset button on laptops, eaither on the bottom, about the size of a paperclip or just holding in the power button for 30 seconds.

3. Jahrass7

Jahrass7 Private E-2

OK...I disconnected the battery...can't find a reset button-the power is on and the cd rom light and the light to the left light up but nothing comes on the screen no Bios

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds