My gateway wont boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BJIO008, Mar 21, 2008.

1. BJIO008

BJIO008 Private E-2

I am trying to fix my second PC, but the when ever I start the PC the gateway logo comes up with two messages one says BIO SETTING F2 , and the other say BOOT MENU F10, after that the PC will go completely blank. When ever I quickly press any one of the two, some instructions will show up and then went back to blank. The led light which is green light is on, the fan is working, but i dont know what the problem is.

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

What model Gateway is this?

My first thought is PSU :crap

3. BJIO008

BJIO008 Private E-2

The model is Gateway Profile 4.

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

You said your trying to fix your second PC, where did you get this one?

You could try testing it with multi-meter

Kinda of odd one, external, seems they generate lot's of heat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds