My Hard Drive Icons Are Gone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slackeroiboy@yahoo.com, Apr 22, 2005.

1. My normal grey hard drive icons are gone and substituted with the generic windows icon in the white rectangle. I tried doing the wordpad autorun.inf thing and they still won't change back. It's annoying and I'm wondering how to get them back to normal, if it is part of some bigger problem, or something. Any advice is greatly needed. Thank you in advance.

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

You are using xp?
    Download Tweak UI powertoy and use the rebuild explorer icon option.

3. i'm running windows 2000 professional. I've tried using tune up utilities with no luck. i'll check out that program. thank you very much.

4. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

5. I HATE MY COMPUTER! Still no luck. i ran the rebuild icons and it didn't do anything. i think i just have to get used to them the way they are.

6. Thank You For All Your Help. I finally got it to work. I downloaded some new icons and completely messed around in the registry and got it to change. Thank you again. Tweak is helping me with other stuff on the screwed up computer. Maybe you could help with my other post about my problems with divx player.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds