My Internet keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by horsovski, Feb 23, 2013.

1. horsovski

horsovski Private E-2

Hi

I am having problems with my internet connection dropping every day, usually around 2-3 times per day. Internet goes off for a second or two and it comes back. Usually this wouldn't be a problem for me but I am a professional poker player and every time internet goes off, I loose all my active tables in poker lobbys (due to reconnect) which is unacceptable and a serious problem for me.

I have tried this now on both Windows 7 x64, as well as windows 8 x64, and same problem continue to happen after freshly formatting my PC. I am connected directly to my ISP modem and I have also connected another computer(laptop) in same way to determine if it's a computer issue and this problem isn't happening on my laptop.

What Have I done so far?

-Updated latest driver, changed cables, disabling and replacing LAN cards, disabling sleep modes.
    -Formatted my computer (Went back to Windows 8 from win7 as I thought this might be the issue but it isn't)
    -Tried removing programs such as NOD32,Office,etc..
    -Talked with ISP who replaced the modem and confirmed it is stable and not dropping connection on their side.
    -I have now also bought new computer(except RAM and discs) and same thing continue to happen.

I'm not sure what else to do and I'm out of options so hopefully some of you might help me figure out what's causing this. Since the latest format(yesterday) I have so far installed just the programs as you can see below in my attachment. (keep in mind that all these programs are on my laptop as well where everything works normal, except for hardware specific drivers of course)

Attached Files:

• bug.jpg
      bug.jpg
      File size:
      102.3 KB
      Views:
    • ip.jpg
      ip.jpg
      File size:
      97.9 KB
      Views:
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What is your modem/router make and model?

Is their a firmware update for this router/modem?

3. horsovski

horsovski Private E-2

ISP modem is Prospero632 and it is running ISP's latest firmware.

4. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

It would seems to be a problem external to your pc. I would continue to check with your ISP. If you use your system/connection professionally, perhaps you should inquire about business class service from your ISP.

5. horsovski

horsovski Private E-2

I've called them many times, they've been here, replaced modem, tested few things but apart from that there is not more they can do.

It really is weird this problem, I've been now spending weeks to try to find a solution without success. On my previous and on this new computer I had both Asus boards, could this be the problem perhaps ?

6. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

I still feel the problem is with the ISP. You could replace the Ethernet logic. If your Ethernet is on your motherboard insert an Ethernet card. If not replace the one you have.

7. horsovski

horsovski Private E-2

I have already tried using 2 motherboard LAN on this and old MB with same results, as well as disabling those on MB and adding PCI LAN cards - same thing continous to happen but only on this computer. If this was an ISP problem, wouldn't be problem on all computers?

8. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Didn't you say it also fails on a new computer? Is the laptop connected in the exact same way?

9. horsovski

horsovski Private E-2

It failed on my new computer yes but it didn't on my laptop which was connected the same way. It also doesn't fail on other computers in house which are connected to wlan.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds