My internet pages stop loading after a while, How can I solve this issue?

Discussion in 'Software' started by elay, Nov 10, 2015.

1. elay

elay Private E-2

Webpages always stop loading after a while. I always restart the computer in order to use the Internet. The problem from the computer, not from the Internet. How can I solve this issue?
    I'm using Windows 7. I'm using both Firefox and Internet explorer.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Could it be that you are keeping lots of tabs open? How much RAM does this computer have?

3. elay

elay Private E-2

No this is not the reason
    8.00 gb

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I would do a system check on hard disk there might be errors on it.

Run command prompt and use chkdsk.

Clearing the cache

1.Open Internet Explorer.
    2.IE 8: From the Tools menu choose Internet Options. ...
    3.On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
    4.Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.
    5.Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History boxes.

I would recommend on removing Firefox and use a different version of it.I have seen lately that it has been running pretty Crappy.

I use Comodo IceDragon works well it is a off base of Firefox.Still able to use all the fire fox add on's.

Firefox

From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.

If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
    From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
    Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
    Click Clear Now.
    Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

Than in Start menu go to %temp% and delete all items in folder.

Than run a full system scan than defrag it.And it should start running better after this.

Oh and i forgot to add clear your Network as well by disabling and re enabling it.Your Laptop or desktop collects a lot of packets so that may be the main reason why you are running slow as well.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds